What are my rights under data protection laws?
Below is a list of the rights that you as an individual have under data protection laws. These rights do not apply in every circumstance, but if you chose to exercise any of them we can explain to you at the time what is and isn’t applicable.
- To be informed about the processing of your personal information
- To have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- To object to processing of your personal information
- To restrict the processing of your personal information
- To have your personal information removed (“right to be forgotten”)
- To request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it
- To move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”)
- Where automated decision making has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you
You also have the right to complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection laws: https://ico.org.uk